You’re quarantined either by yourself, with a significant other or your kids…now what? If you or your family is anything like mine you are constantly on the go and it’s been a major adjustment to slow down. Six months ago I would still be working in a doctors office going into the lab right now, so I am so very thankful for my current situation to be able to work from home and be here with my son. If you are getting cabin fever and needs some ideas to keep you and the little ones busy, Caden and I came up with a list of mom and kid approved things to do when you get bored!
- Hide and go seek! Caden’s number one activity, always!
- Resume normal school work. Check your school’s website for activities, also read to your child or have them read at least 20 minutes independently a day. Journaling and writing sentences is also important. Keeping structure and routine is super important for kids!
- Take a walk! Keep your distance of course 😉 Now is the time to break out those riding toys and bikes that Santa Clause brought! Take the dog too! Getting outside everyday and getting fresh air will help you feel not so cooped up.
- Birdwatching. This may sound boring in itself, but it’s actually pretty fun.
- Cook at home. Try a new recipe and have your kids help. Caden feels like the biggest helper when he gets to cook.
- Clean your home. I think we all know how important it is to keep things sanitized right now but now would be a good time to clean out those junk drawers, toilets, baseboards, things you normally wouldn’t have time to do. Let the kids help!
- Review your closet for items you don’t want and drop them in the thrift store donate bin. That would be a way to get out of the house one day.
- Read or listen to a motivating book.
- Film that IGTV or tutorial you’ve been putting off.
- Do a fun manicure. Get creative!
- Delete emails, photos, and old contacts from your phone.
- Update your resume.
- Binge all the Netflix shows!
- Draw, color, paint! Look up step by step how to draw activities and let the kids have art time.
- Shop ONLINE! Small businesses and the economy in general is still counting on us as consumers to continue consuming…things other than food. I’m not saying buy stuff that you don’t need and I do understand that several people are out of work right now and your family and basic needs come first.
The Lord will keep you from all harm–he will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8
2 thoughts on “QUARANTINED! NOW WHAT?”
Lauren, as always GREAT ideals! I’m not in the quarantine state but it’s just great ideals all around.
Thank you so much! I appreciate you reading!